Saturday, June 3, 2017

REMEMBERING EDNA HILL

I will be there again today particpating with many friends in a joyous celebration of the marriage of R. Nemo Hill and Julian Perea.
~*~

Meanwhile I'm remembering her shining, generous presence, those wonderful eyes and that smile.

The records played all day long.
We danced to Linda Rondstat: She led. I led. No one led. She sang  Blue Bayou high and thin. I sang too--sang along--low, then we sang together
https://youtu.be/lBHRJmW7bVo
"You better let somebody love you
before its too late."

~*~
She made us eggs, toast, buttered bagels and tea and washed every dish immediately.
We watched a scarecrow being made.
Her past pastel delighted me:
'kittens' 
She put a Teddy bear on the bed for me,
two extra blankets, towels and a washcloth.
It was fall and the church next door sold pumpkins and gourds.
The garden then
Glorious, the Correopsis

The ancient oak trees

Dusk

Waving as I departed, she said:
"Be good"


I think I said I would


3 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

that's a beauty Full photograph of her

jude said...

She was a pisser.

Peggy said...

I love this. xx