Sunday, November 3, 2019

WRINKLES, WEATHER and WONDERS

I'm out of photo-ability again and will have to make a trip to B&H photo hoping they can help as they did in the past. My current memory card is full and I haven't got another that fits the old Pentax I've gotten so used to. Fact is I never really learned the camera well so long as it worked for shoot and download to the computer and so, recently purchased a wrong memory card on a well meaning sales persons advice at a local Duane Read (error) and now I am at sea without a sail in the new-image ocean. All past images are now only on the memory cards since my limited storage has run out on this system. I can't erase them yet even as I am fully aware that all things pass,
I remain in stubborn denial.
I'm using a Pentax Optio 550
The last time a camera was stolen on a train back from a Massachusetts visit, Friends Dee Mallon sent me a new camera complete with instructions and R. Nemo Hill gave me his Mom's Cool Pics with instructions as well.
Loathe to dive in to a new learning curve, and needing to get a certain friend to find time for the enabling required on my old laptop. I have options if I can cobble together energy to access them.
Guilty of laziness in my seventy sixth year on earth.

Meanwhile it's that time Again
2 a.m. Sunday November 3rd 2019
FALL BACK
Lines Written in the Days of Growing Darkness
by Mary Oliver

Every year we have been
witness to it: how the
world descends
into a rich mash, in order that
it may resume.
And therefore
who would cry out
to the petals on the ground
to stay,
knowing, as we must,
how the vivacity of what was is married
to the vitality of what will be?

I don’t say
it’s easy, but
what else will do
if the love one claims to have for the world
be true?
So let us go on
though the sun be swinging east,
and the ponds be cold and black,
and the sweets of the year be doomed.
<<>>
( photos from Massachusetts and Manhattan)

3 comments:

Mo Crow said...

love that wild street photo!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

all this, Michelle. yup...all this. And on top of it,
the MISSING you over at my House of Windthread....the gap
of you not being able to be there and my not being able
to figure out why on my end and FIX it...
Maybe the person who will help with these things above
will also know how to transport you BACK to me?
I will hope for this
Love and Love and forever Beyond

Ms. said...

I'm feeling defeated but heading for the Zendo to meditate tonight. Grace dear...it's all the blogs I follow from TypePad and though I've asked Blogger if there's a block, no response. I would ask Jude but she is off for a while and I know the friend, who has not responded yet to my request for a home visit, doesn't know anything about blogs. What to do...I can read but not comment on any of the TypePad blogs I've followed for years. A new wrinkle. Seems that TypePad is probably the block, but I can't reach them to ask. Since I'm also currently camera disabled, I feel shut out for the time being. Okay...onward.

Mo...that was an amazing rainy moment in a huge downpour and the couple were moving away fast...lucky capture.