Wednesday, June 3, 2020

WHAT A DAY IT HAS BEEN

Manhattan
4:30 p.m.June 3rd 2020
Once a month I go down to Amalgamated on 14th street at 5th Avenue (many branches closed months ago including the one three blocks from home which I've been using since 1980}-I get operating cash, check my balance and then go to the post office with my complete bill payments. I've stuck with Amalgamated because they are not like other banks (see comment) - When i got there, it was boarded up and out of service, apparently a victim of the destruction of the general destruction in that area of a few nights ago. I did get back to the post office (in a downpour) and paid my bills. Then a local merchant cashed a check for me as a favor so I could have some money until I can get to another branch way uptown west if that's still in tact. Anyhow I'm okay, but sad because the looters and trashers are NOT what the protests are about. Outsiders and a few opportunists have infiltrated and are muddying the waters. Same thing happened in the peace marches of the sixties...(((sigh))) I didn't snap a photo. But I did shoot these:










Good Speech

No comments: