Friday, July 8, 2011

MY SUMMER READING SO FAR



"Reading well is one of the great pleasures that solitude can afford you, because it is, at least in my experience, the most healing of pleasures."
-Harold Bloom-

Returned to Phillip Roth
Finished
"Nemesis"
 Here in
Massachusetts Paradise

 Now Reading
"Everyman"
Begun in Paradise to finish Here in
Hot NYC

Post today delivered me a pristine hardback copy of a favorite book
from a dear, dear friend

"One Writer's Beginnings"
by Eudora Welty
 which suggests adding a reread to my list
 &
included was a charming, hand-made just for me,
mosaic bookmark

One small detail of this very detailed art



"I am a writer who came from a sheltered life.
A sheltered life can be a daring life as well.
For all serious daring starts from within."





No comments: