Saturday, March 8, 2014

SEAGULL MOMENT


On the way home from an hour of local errands at 2 o'clock, there was this sudden 'swarming' of seagulls on Second Avenue.  Maybe 60, or more, swooping down low into, and through traffic, swirling up, over and over.  It went on for many minutes.  I caught a little bit of it...but I should have just held the camera still rather than trying to follow them, although the camera movement does kind of illustrate the panicked way they were flying.  The contrast stinks so the video doesn't really show them.  Their calls were overshadowed by the trafic noise too.  Moments like this I wish I had a better camera.  Something must have spooked them.  I've seen a few this far from the river, but never this many.  I'd love to know what it was about.
http://youtu.be/6L9qyZk8h30

No one else paid any attention!


2 comments:

Nancy said...

Wow Michelle that was something! Just flying every which-where and so low! I love hearing your voice on your short videos :)

deanna7trees said...

could be that one or two of their group was hit in traffic? would be hard to see that with all the cars rolling by.
...and the words on the t-shirt...that's known as progress even though it appears to be counter intuitive.