Wednesday, June 10, 2015

TWO EVENINGS


Monday Evening
For two hours, with four friends from my writing group, The Moving Pen.  We each responded to two prompts timed at approximately twenty minutes.  Then those who wished to read these first unedited drafts shared.  Sharing is never mandatory.
I will edit before I share the texts here. 

1. Write a tribute to someone important to you:
"My Little Mother"

2. Describe a space you consider to be sacred:
"The Sacred Notebook"

Tuesday Evening
A quiet walk in The Conservatory Gardens
English Herb Garden
Old roses tucked into corners
French Formal Garden
Sunset over the Roman Garden

Across the street
Museum Mile
6 to 9 Free
At Museo del Barrio--Exhibition Dancers
more Exhibition Dancers
A few selections from the current exhibit
" Under The Mexican Sky"
From the early 1930s through the early 1980s, the Mexican cinematographer Gabriel Figueroa (1907–1997) helped forge an evocative and enduring image of Mexico. Among the most important cinematographers of the Golden Age of Mexican Cinema, Figueroa worked with leading directors from Mexico, the United States and Europe, traversing a wide range of genres while maintaining his distinctive and vivid visual style.
Zapata
A child Vvewing Diego Rivera Study
Octavio Paz
The exhibition features film clips, paintings by Diego Rivera, Jose Clemente Orozco, Manuel Rodriguez Lozano and José Chavez Morado, photographs, prints, posters and documents, many of which are drawn from Figueroa’s archive, the Televisa Foundation collection, the collections of the Museo de la Estampa and the Museo Nacional in Mexico. In addition, the exhibition includes work by other artists and filmmakers from the period such as Luis Buñuel, Sergei Eisenstein, Edward Weston, and Tina Modotti that draw from the vast inventory of distinctly Mexican imagery associated with Figueroa’s cinematography or were heavily influenced by his vision.
 Outside in the steet I danced with kids, old folk and young ones.
Everyone danced!
https://youtu.be/KaZPPRqEIyU

See More about this stunning Exhibit on view through June 27th
Here
http://www.elmuseo.org/current-exhibition/ 

Last Dancer at the Museum of the City
Home by bus thoroughly exhausted.  Nothing hurts when I'm dancing, but when I stop, every part of me from crooked feet to aged knees reminds me who I have become.  My nightcap--Epsom salt bath, Soothing salves and sleep!

*

1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

I loved dancing when I was a bright young thing but these days I just kind of tap my feet, shake my wrists & wriggle a bit!