Friday, October 6, 2017

KINDLY COMMENT + POST SCRIPT

 Home

What's Been Lost
The moon is just behind that that new construction, Mr./Ms. "Bigger-Better" are sky thieves. Rumor has it that another just like it is planned for the other end of the block. Buried Alive is a strategy. 6AM in Manhattan and a car siren's been tripped.

Onions and Crying
"I read that at one time in ancient Lemuria, onions made people cry tears of joy, that there was no need to be sad for the world. As civilization evolved, onions took on a different purpose, that of helping people to cry out the sadness that blocked joy -- and in turn their hearts would soften and they could experience greater clarity."
Onion Skin Dye Begun
quote from Peggys post

Kindly Comment
I need to check the new setting but no one has commented since I changed it to 'always approve' in response to being spammed September 30th.
 Thanks
HA--I FORGOT ONE HAS TO GO LOOK AT COMMENTS NOW.  JUST DID AND PUBLISHED ALL. THANKS -THERE WERE TWO SPAMS so I guess I'll put up with this extra step for the foreseeable future :-->

12 comments:

Marti said...

Onion connection because this week, I too used onion skins, (red onions) to dye cloth. Michelle, your jar of onion skins, are a splash of sunlight and warmth in your home.

After one of our big storms, some of the red onions in my garden were flopped out, bulbs exposed so I picked a few of the, cleaned them up a bit, shedding some of the skins. The onions were loosely braided and hung in the kitchen. Put the picked red onion skins in a copper pot with water with a splash of vinegar and voila! green color. Plunked in various pieces of cloth and the hues ranged from forest green to almost a misty, sea foam green as the color was absorbed. Green is my favorite color but one that is hard for me to obtain simply from foraged leaves, etc. so I rely on the alchemy between red onion, vinegar and copper.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

trying....i tried before????????

Patty said...

Love your photos.

Liz A said...

Hmmm ... I'm pretty sure I left a comment on yesterday's post, but maybe I just thought about it. Anyway, here's to trying again.

Mo Crow said...

I commented on Moon River too, have a look in your blogger account

Unknown said...

Do you really just keep adding onion peels to that jar? Do you have water in it? I would think it would get moldy.

Unknown said...

Trying to comment but not sure if it's going anywhere ...

alsokaizen said...

I'm sorry for your stolen sky your onions look like cat eyed moons able to see in the dark, I hope the onion dye goes well

Fresca said...

Oh, hi! We don't know each other, but I found you a while time ago through Felting My Soul's blogroll and pop in now and again, interested in your posts, but have never commented.
However now you need a comment, I can be your test commenter!
(I hope it works.)

Deb Lacativa said...

I am reading...thanks for responding earlier. We are not alone after all.

Nancy said...

Sometimes I picture you/your home as an island of calm & kindness in a sea of crazy! Sorry about your view, I get it.

Velma Bolyard said...

onions and spam. sounds like some weird church supper. anyway, i had the spam thing too. hope you work yours out.