Friday, March 23, 2018

A DOZEN PROMPTS

Based on The Amherst Method
(see links)
 Write anything in any form for fifteen minutes in response to the 
Word and/or Photograph
Prompt
 
1.
A door not to be Opened
(Stanton Street, Manhattan, NY)

2.
Sisters
(B. and M. at our Writing Group)

3.
Hopes and Anxieties
(The Rubin Museum)

4,
I'm Anxious Because
(I can't control the things I Love)

5.
I'm Hopeful Because 
(I'm on a path to Wellness)

6.
Street Scene Observed
(Waiting for a Bus Inside Outback)
 

7.
The View from a Window
(The Fourth Snowstorm of March)

8.
Overcoming Depression
(Conjuring Spring with the help of Drugs)

9.
My Notebook
(A story begins Here)


10.
A Garden Remembered
(Epiphany Churc Manhattan)

11.
A Dog in the Snow
("Darby" Doodle for Dylan G.)

12.
Skylight
(from Dharma Mitra Yoga Studio)
~*~

LINKS
https://amherstwriters.org/about/

In 2013 in Berkeley, California, poet, memoirist and librettist Pat Schneider discusses the deep principles and origins of her groundbreaking writing workshop method.
(4 minutes)
***

2 comments:

Deb G said...

I'm imagining that garden, love the door and will be thinking about what Pat Schneider said in that video for a long time.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

a door, not to be opened.