Saturday, November 24, 2018

OKAY LIFE ON EARTH

Searching
On Full Moon Friday, I didn't shop.
I walked out at 6 O'clock,  walked East and West,
uptown and down for two hours,
Looking up in between buildings,
to no avail.
 
The only glow came from incandescent light.
No moon for me - Some stars.
There was a hydrant wasting water on Lexington Avenue,
workmen (not women) clawing out a crater,
doormen (not women) glad for a passing strangers smile.
The air was sharp and the odors from shops,
a sensory symphony.
Home to my cloth Sun/Moon
 
Okay.
 ~*~

Bad News
Saturday arrived before dawn
when my front room radiator sprang a major leak,
spewing steam and soaking the floor.

Major moving furniture and unsorted stuff ensued.
Our Super is not answering his cell and his mailbox is full.
I can't leave a message.

Worked on sorting and discarding till too tired and will continue for several days. For now I'll just keep it off, but I'll need it eventually this Winter I think. Ongoing effort will be necessary.
Okay.

Good News
Grace Forest is heading home from the fairgrounds.

She evacuated with many critters when the fire got close.
 See what she says and shows.
She's a giant.
(Jude Hill is posting for her)
https://windthread.typepad.com/windthread/
Very Okay.
~*~

Win Some/Lose Some
Okay.
https://youtu.be/czmaR4wVqoQ 
 ~*~

3 comments:

Mo Crow said...

oh yikes re the leak, x fingers it gets fixed very soon!

deemallon said...

Hope you get the radiator fixed soon!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

O, Whaaa