Wednesday, January 23, 2019

INVOCATION

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"
(proverb and nursery rhyme, first recorded about 1628 in a collection of Scottish proverbs)

What might I wish for?
Perhaps a clean oven, or a sudden reversal of all dirty politics and politicians, plus a complete, contrite and unconditional withdrawal of all negative forces within human control on the planet.
(Andrew Jackson)


How about the return of Wonder?
(The Waning Wolf Moon)


Peace of mind?
(Illuminated Street Sign)


Wisdom?
(Gift from Theresa LoSchiavo)
Gratitude?
("Silent Solstice" Greeting from Pat Jones)
 
~*~

Meanwhile
I've been not-well. Still in recovery from that bout of flu and troubled over this criminal Government Shut-Down which plans to cancel my Senior Food Stipend of monthly Fifty Two bucks come March, but whose effects are crippling all systems and actually starving some people already, causing them to lose homes and more.It's a Filthy tactic to hold an entire Country hostage just to get your way. The Country is divided on every issue. It's Global. Divisions everywhere, shifting sands and melting glaciers and we haven't even crossed into February!
(Illuminated Street Sign)
 
Today, looking closely at the Twenty Dollar bill, I noticed how incredibly sad Jackson looks. It's all in the left eye. Suddenly curious I read several sites. Some emphasized that he was an orphan, others that he didn't really know where he was born. An other sites reprinted an article on how Trump and Jackson were,and were not similar. I was curious about his childhood exclusively really. We arrive genetically predisposed, then culture crafts us to it's purpose and History happens.
~*~

Tempted to make mention of sadness at the lack of comments,
but this instead:

https://youtu.be/j2OO3vuk3r4

I think about the life I live
A figure made of clay
And think about the things I lost
The things I gave away

And when I'm in a certain mood
I search the house and look
One night I found these magic words
In a magic book

Throw it away
Throw it away
Give your love, live your life
Each and every day

And keep your hand wide open
Let the sun shine through
'Cause you can never lose a thing
If it belongs to you

There's a hand to rock the cradle
And a hand to help us stand
With a gentle kind of motion
As it moves across the land

And the hand's unclenched and open
Gifts of life and love it brings
So keep your hand wide open
If you're needing anything
 

~*~

LINKS
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/trump-and-andrew-jackson/508973/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Jackson#Early_life_and_education

1 comment:

beverly said...

I am sorry you are not feeling well. Stress and worry doesn't help and with what is going on in this country it is hard not to. Your blog is the first I read in the morning and the last before going to bed. Take care,
Beverly