Tuesday, April 2, 2019

REMEMBER

Some of you may have seen some of these offerings at Face book.
Kindly have another look

Pastel Work
1988
Madame. Raymonde' colette was a fixture on the first floor front when I first moved here. I have photographs of her leaning out her front window to the sun, reading "Hollywood Babylon". Originally from France, she lived in those rooms with her sister until her sister died (before my time). She and I became good friends. I used to do her banking once a month and run errands when she needed something. Just about now she would be cooking a lamb roast, it's aroma drifting up to my Third floor apartment.
~*~


Sta-cation
Hudson River Park
Manhattan NY
Saturday 3.30.2019
7p.m.

7:10
7:15

7:30

"In the morning, bowing to all;
In the evening, bowing to all.
Respecting others is my only duty--
Hail to the Never-despising Bodhisattva."


-Taigu Ryokan-
 (fragment of full poem)
~*~



April has Arrived
 
"have you forgotten me
or lost the path here?
i wait for you
all day, every day
but you do not appear."


-Taigu Ryokan-


Bright Monday
I met no fools along the way, but
forgot to look in the mirror
 

Evening at the Zendo
Five new friends, the joyous return of a member who was very ill after surgery for many, many weeks and this startling Orchid
 
"My legacy --
What will it be?
Flowers in spring,
The cuckoo in summer,
And the crimson maples
Of autumn..."

-Taigu Ryokan-
~*~
   

1 comment:

Peggy McG said...

such beautiful art to remember a wonderful friend