Thursday, June 13, 2019

ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN

WEDNESDAY
On Sale
Begonias to add to the Street Pot Garden
maybe Saturday
Meditation
6 to 8 p.m.
Night Incident
11 p.m.
Fifteen cops were clustered around a man with his very sweet big dog. I listened for a while because he was protesting loudly, though I couldn't catch the details...

Finally, they arrested him, took him into the precinct while a few of them held on to the dog. They regularly keep treats for neighbor dogs inside the garage and so they brought the dog there and gave him some treats, petting him liberally.

 The dog seemed calm and happy, but I wondered about the outcome for his owner and worried about the dog. I peeked out a few more times for the following hour until I had to give up for sleep. Back-tracking to a Morning Incident that woke me too early. They are deconstructing the interior first floor to the building next door (also owned by out landlord) they've been working on it for at least two years now and so it goes....

 ~*~

THURSDAY
Cold Rain Morning

Visitor
Because of major construction, yesterday my neighbor had mice and the exterminator put down poisons. Today, I had a mouse in my garbage which I leave up on the stove overnight till I take it down to the cans. Yikes, I can't have mice in this no-cat confined space. I swiftly tied the bag up and went down three flights to deposit in the cans, then informed the super who delivered a poison trap to me. I stored it, preferring the quick-kill kind. It's kinder, so I set my own trap and am focused on reconciling my compassionate self to current reality.

Afternoon Clearing

 Suddenly It's windy and bright.
I have the feeling that anything can happen...
 and does. I walked around the neighborhood in an attempt to loosen my right sided stiffness. Stopped  to rest at the church 
 
until the sun went down
.
Then, almost home, asked a kindly fellow to take this shot of my aching self wearing another of my Nemo and Julio gift hats 
 
Ice pack and more rest to come.
~*~ 

No comments: