Friday, June 26, 2020

'NO WORRIES'

Wednesday
June 24th 2020
Manhattan View Looking East
7 a.m.

 5 p.m.
Looking Up
 *
"Law, say the gardeners, is the sun,
Law is the one
All Gardeners obey
To-morrow, yesterday, to-day."
(First stanza of "Law Like Love" by W.H.Auden)
 The Whole Poem
https://symbolreader.net/.../20/law-like-love-by-w-h-auden/
~*~

Thursday
June 25th
Neighborhood Scenes
When every picture
tell a story
and every story
has interest
one remembers
one is not alone
and not the only one
struggling, suffering,
rejoicing or weeping.
 ~*~

Friday
June 26th
After a hot sleepless night, I woke hearing Leonard Cohen singing in my head "Democracy is Coming to the USA" and weeping. That was around 6 a.m. After a bit of tea, I crawled back under the covers and didn't emerge again till 5 p.m. Since then, I've been reading horrendous news on the laptop till it got too hot to touch
(the laptop and the news)

I wrote "Wrap me in cabbage roses and many cloth flowers." Tried to make a poem of it, but failed to find the words. Unfocused as this photograph, I put it aside.
~*~

Note
"No Worries" is what Marvin Rosenberg always said during those yoga classes I attended years ago and it still works to calm my fevered brain.  

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

it IS a poem

Wrap me in cabbage roses
and many cloth flowers

it IS