Tuesday, July 14, 2020

IMPRISONED

Monday
July 13th 2020
3 p.m.
 Manhattan Window-sill
Hot
Two Watercolors
 Mis-named the first as 'Joe Pye Weed', but got 'Begonia' right, only couldn't remember which specific cultivar. They were both accomplished while I was a student at the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx decades ago. These days, I'm so unfocused, I can sometimes forget why I entered the room I'm in. Aware that I'm privileged to have many rooms to wander through here in this rented apartment three walk-up flights above the street, teetering on the edge of pandemic days; hand washing clothes, cooking and eating, sometimes sleeping each day/night.
What's Real?
The way someone else has seen me?
The way I have seen me?
 “Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.”
Margery Williams, Velveteen Rabbit
Meanwhile
Sundown
~*~



1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

that sunset!