Sunday, August 16, 2020

SEEING and FEELING

Saturday
August 8th 2020
Homeless man with his dog 'Savannah'
Top hat for donations
2nd Avenue between 21st and 22nd Streets
*
https://youtu.be/FSQxzNuX0bc

Sunday
8.9.
10:00 a.m.
 I cleaned the apartment after months of neglect.
It was arduous, exhausting.
 At the start, depressing-at the end, encouraging.
5 p.m

Monday
8.10.
5 a.m.
"Manhattan Window View"
12:15 p.m.
19th Street
Menno House
In 1957 our building was purchased by Mennonites—members of a Historic Peace Church—to house conscientious objectors to war while they completed their alternative government service. In the 1980s, house residents formed a local congregation,
 Sweet Phlox
1 p.m.
A neighbor who cuts hair for family and friends, brought her equipment to my apartment and gave me a very nice cut.
(no selfie yet)
In the evening there was a zoom Zendo

Tuesday
8.11
Had an optical migraine attack but it passed after I did a series of Jinshin maneuvers my old friend P.M. taught me decades ago when the first one appeared.
(see Link)
6 p.m.
Walked to the East River
Still blooming
High tide
8:30 p.m.
 Returning home caught this Sunset

Wednesday
8.12
Another Zoom Zendo Session
the photo caught the zendo itself and me at home
News
shopping
bus stop
Home sweet home

Thursday
8.13
Dank Day
Bright spot
Tenderness born of the need for it.

On Aging
by Maya Angelou
When you see me sitting quietly,
Like a sack left on the shelf,
Don’t think I need your chattering.
I’m listening to myself.
Hold! Stop! Don’t pity me!
Hold! Stop your sympathy!
Understanding if you got it,
Otherwise I’ll do without it!
When my bones are stiff and aching,
And my feet won’t climb the stair,
I will only ask one favor:
Don’t bring me no rocking chair.
When you see me walking, stumbling,
Don’t study and get it wrong.
‘Cause tired don’t mean lazy
And every goodbye ain’t gone.
I’m the same person I was back then,
A little less hair, a little less chin,
A lot less lungs and much less wind.
But ain’t I lucky I can still breathe in.

Friday
8.14
At any age dear Friends

links
Migraine
https://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/ocular-migraine.htm

Menno House
https://mennohouse.org/

3 comments:

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle)))

Ms. said...

I'm beginning to think that you are my only regular reader Mo. Seriously, who has time for all the blogs. I do love several and since I'm often awake in the middle of Manhattan nights, I can read and respond then. It's the morning of the 20th now and I'm still trying to post photos to the next post, but blogger seems not to want to perform. Technology is only fun when it works-right? Love to you and Rod dear one.

Nancy said...

Michelle,
I love walking through your days with you. There is so much here, not only of your life, but of the time we live in.
My EX's family was Mennonite. Great music and poetry here. When I saw your east river pic, the first thing that came to mind was Kramer swimming it on Seinfeld! Boy am I ever west coast! Haha