Saturday, April 26, 2014

NOT QUITE DONE




Friday Update
My improvised barrier was not adequate.  The pigeon pair came back, and the she found her way into the empty A/C casing.  The he stood guard in the space next to it.  I scared her away without harming her, but there was some flapping and alarm.  Both of them together then perched on a ledge nearby watching me.  It must have appeared like just the most perfect coop to them--(Sigh)--I added some art-board pieces, but that's only temporary and has to come out when the A/C returns.

The problem is still unsolved.  I had informed the Superintendent about what I was doing the day before, and asked that he cut some boards and help fit them under the rig.  He never responded.  I left a message at the management office, but had no response.  Very discouraging.  Meanwhile the birds must find a nesting spot soon.  The rains are headed our way.  I don't know how pregnant she is, but  I'm not giving up.  When the Wild Bird fund gets back to me I'll add this problem to the banded white pigeon one I phoned them about last night.

10 AM

I went to check on the white banded pigeon.
Gone!
Hoping it was the rescue folks

10:30AM
Someone watered and cleaned up a lot at the church!  It was shimmering in bright sunlight.

Violets
Hyacinth
Tulip

11AM
I ran into the owners daughter.  She said she has the same problem at other locations.  She assured me she would 'assign' the Super to get a proper barrier to me within three days.

5PM
This may seem dumb and obsessive to those with no affinity, and certainly to those many who find pigeons nothing but an annoyance.  I realize I am too 'attached', which is neither helpful nor efficient, and makes my heart ache.  I need to let go of attachment, not effort.
The rest is up to the universe



4 comments:

Joan@CopperCreeker said...

it's never dumb to care for the welfare of an animal.
take care and enjoy the flowers.

Anonymous said...

agree with Joan - it is completely beautiful, your advocacy.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i'm here. watching. reading.
Feeling..................

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Michelle. Lately it seems to me that people who don't care about anything are everywhere. A bit fatiguing. It would seem that life is a battle. As Candide (Voltaire) noted, all you can do is take care of your own garden. I think I'll go out and mow the grass. (!)
best, nadia