Friday, September 27, 2019

SURPRISE

9.27.2019
Afternoon
I have been moved in upon unannounced since this afternoon by a mother (60) and son (27) who were evicted...old time friends of many years always in emergencies. Forgive me if I type at you in your rut there, but they have squeezed themselves into the loft bed and have left me thinking space. It's 2 a.m. in Manhattan. Half their baggage and two cats are sheltered in one of the only neighbors from the long past down on the first floor (angels) and half taking up space here. Sigh. I've been at a loss and when your life is taken over for a day,
Buddhist vows might fail.
 
 Mine did
 
Sentient beings are Numberless
Delusions are inexhaustible

 Pink Sky at Night
The Dharmas are Boundless
 
 ~*~


9.27.2019
 10 a.m.
 
No Sleep at all. None the less, Mother (X) and Son (Y) are on their way to tenant court downtown. They will be gone all day. Then back here and depending on success in overturning the eviction notice they will be back in their own apartment late into tonight because cats and bags in cases and on two or three hand cart  will take time into tonight. If not (oh pray to the universe of all helpful powers it not be so), I may be stuck with them for the weekend. Sympathy not withstanding. I can not, nor can the neighbors sheltering cats and managing many problems of their own, stay stable for much longer. I'm thinking about Grace having to evict with goats and everything because of fire on a moments notice. I feel somewhat ashamed of myself. Not shame really, just disappointment. So. Thank you for listen/reading about my momentary discomfort.
It soothes me to write it.
~*~

The Buddha way is Unattainable
I'm going to try Sleep
 
Dream of Equanimity
Later I have to do all I left undone yesterday

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Oh eee. The PERFECT ultimate moment for practice. Oh, e