Monday, September 23, 2019

EQUINOX THOUGHTS

Published previously in Error

Extinct
The way I feel these days in Manhattan

Digging Everywhere
No bus on Third Avenue and so I walked all the way to the Great Hall at Cooper Union for a free Debate on the Electoral College.


Weather
Mild and lovely spate of weather, but my mind is on Climate Change:
Thomas Edison famously told his good friends Henry Ford and Harvey Firestone “We are like tenant farmers chopping down the fence around our house for fuel, when we should be using Nature’s inexhaustible sources of energy—sun, wind, and tide. I hope we don’t have to wait until oil and coal run out before we tackle that.”

Greta Thunberg
-Her explanation for her raw truth-telling has the trappings of myth. At the age of 11, she fell into the dark hole of depression. “I stopped talking and I stopped eating. In two months I lost about 10 kilos of weight.” She was diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome and selective mutism. “That basically means I only speak when I think it is necessary,” she says.Now is one of those moments.”-

Read the Article
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/09/greta-thunbergs-despair-is-entirely-warranted/598492/?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=the-atlantic-fb-test-1173-3-&utm_content=edit-promo&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR38_QFQ0h65iGofJ7oOrv20PIQ-LPZRhCIBxqCkkTvpT-PGGZpmxGPvuhk
 ~*~
 

2 comments:

jude said...

i drove through Manhattan a few days ago. I feel like I was never ever there.

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle))) revolution is in the air and it smells like teen spirit!