Tuesday, September 1, 2020

EVERY PICTURE...

...TELLS a STORY

Manhattan Window View
Friday
8.28.2020
229 East 21 Street
Our Super talking with one of the Owners
She recently returned from a month away
Tennis in the Schoolyard
21st Street at 2nd Avenue
Street scene with discards
20th Street near 1st Avenue
Storms moving in over
Epiphany Church
2nd Avenue at 22nd Street
Nuts
20th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue
The trees here were originally intended as food
~*~ Saturday
8.29
11 a.m.
1 p.m.
Passers by...
...while I sit waiting
for my friend, JoAnne
JoAnne
JoAnne and Rita
~*~

Sunday
8.30
This Woman Visits the Blessed Mary statue on the plaza of Epiphany Church (second Avenue at 22nd Street)
daily-at least it is safe to presume, since when I pass at that hour any day, she is always there, standing silently for several minutes with her hands folded in prayer, then she turning and quickly gone. I didn't want her to know I was snapping the shot. I'd been wanting to for months.
Incident
8 p.m.
Corner of 21st Street at Second Avenue.
Ambulance taking a woman to the hospital
apparently against her will.
 East 20th Street below First Avenue
over StuyTown buildings
History
The buildings south of 20th Street are known as Stuyvesant Town, or "Stuy Town". They were named after Peter Stuyvesant, the last director-general of the Dutch colony of New Amsterdam, whose farm occupied the site in the 17th century. Read more. There is a history of segregation and decades of sale and resale with complex consequences lawsuits and defaults. Real estate shenanigans galore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuyvesant_Town%E2%80%93Peter_Cooper_Village

At the East River
9 p.m.
Moon river
~*~

Monday
August 31st
The Last Sunset of Summer
Looking West at 21st Street
"Summer's end's around the bend just flyin' The swimmin' suits are on the line just dryin' I'll meet you there for our conversation I hope I didn't ruin your whole vacation Well you never know how far from home you're feelin' Until you've watched the shadows cross the ceilin' Well I don't know, but I can see it snowin' In your car the windows are wide open Just come on home Come on home No you don't have to Be alone Just come on home Valentines break hearts and minds at random That ol' Easter egg ain't got a leg to stand on Well I can see that you can't win for tryin' And New Year's Eve is bound to leave you cryin' Come on home Come on home No you don't have to Be alone Just come on home The moon and stars hang out in bars just talkin' I still love that picture of us walkin' Just like that ol' house we thought was haunted Summer's end came faster than we wanted Come on home Come on home No you don't have to Be alone Come on home Come on home You don’t have to Be alone Just come on home"

2 comments:

Deb G said...

I love how your posts capture life...

Nancy said...

I always end up feeling as if I've walked along with you!
I just found some old letters regarding my birth-father and one of the addresses he lived at was 226 West 4th St. NY Interesting to see where he had lived and even found a pic of him out front of the place. Time marches on.