Monday, August 8, 2011

SWEET SUMMER SUNDAYS


A Beginning

Beautiful
 Last nights rain concert that lasted well into this morning
The sun now streaming through freshly washed air
A small iron-bell tinging in the wind circulating room to room
Sleep that was so welcome
My relieved muscles waking
The soft quiet of Summer Sundays


 Colors


Emails - Dashboard

ONE
One dear friend sends Mark Twain taking a swipe at Congress
"Whiskey is carried into committee rooms
in demijohns, and carried out in demagogues."
Twain should be around today,
Wouldn't he make a literate Mayor?
Just Imagine the press conferences: 
"Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often."
Also, she sent an exquisite set of photos
but didn't identify the photographer so
I snapped one off the screen to show:

 GLASS WINGED BUTTERFLY
*

TWO

 A prolific author-friend reports working on three drafts today
Her goal - a draft a month!
Read One of her Intriguing Tales:
HERE
http://dailysciencefiction.com/story/patricia-russo/cloaks-and-gloves
*

THREE
A blog-buddy Artist delivers her Gorgeous
Animals Making Heart Shapes:
HERE
 *

 FOUR
My Own FRIENDS
Post has comments:
HERE

Why be inside when

NATURE CALLS

I went, instead, to tend
'Chai' and 'Cassidy'
The dance routine deliciously feline:

TURN TURN TURN
HEARING GHOST FOOTSTEPS
TAKING MENTAL NOTES

NEXT
To the garden out back
with it's three egg-laying hens:

QUEEEN OF THE GIRLS
 
THE GIRLS
PENGUIN
 
FORLORN  FAIRIE
PATIENTLY WAITING
'midst  sage, rosemary, flowers and greenery

TRA-LA-LA-DE-DAY
 *

One More Mr. Twain to Finish:

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living.
The world owes you nothing.
It was here first."


 

2 comments:

deanna7trees said...

so much here to see and enjoy. love your words and seeing your window with plants.
have a great day.

Ms. said...

A friend who won't join my blog but comments on it in emails sent a poem she wrote about what she saw here:

"Cast thy bread upon the waters:
for thou shalt find it after many days."-
-Ecclesiastes 11:1_

Michelle, May it be well with thee.
Good Morning after visiting delicious "Be Log",
your gift to many and to me.
And, oh, yes, I now can see:
Butterfly wings, a pair of glasses,
their delicacy not giving away their power to magnify.
The Whirling Dervishes, cats.
The garden? A fairy's firmament, green,
Sage and rosemary constellations alive with blue hue,
Broom Skirt bluer still.
And again, yes, I see:
It is a penguin, not a pigeon
Hens, not roosters
And now I know where they be.
Summer Sundays begin at your window,
starting with "I and me"
And Are you an "I Am", Deareart?
Your spirit caught up in Animal Hearts Art,
A weekly panoply?
The curtain is a panel of white light and light,
promising more to see
Your wisdom, whim, and wit,an eye,
your gifts upon the water, at sea,
set free (no message in a bottle's confines here)
Thank goodness, say I,
for thee."

And I answered:
"All blessings to all and to thee

"Be Log" for Blog
Oh, my, my Gawd
How clever thee be
Waxing biblical for me
Turning a skirt to broom
To echo a bloom
"I Am" at my window
Unseen in the shadow
And, by the way
The "week" was a day
My message flies on a cloud
To spread the words out loud
You reader are the gift to me
My eye delights to see"