Wednesday, October 5, 2011

World Muse Wednesday OVERWHELMED BY ONE REALITY-LOOK ANOTHER WAY



World Muse
Thumbnail for version as of 22:09, 26 November 2009


Overwhelmed
Since returning to NYC from Massachusetts Friday the 22nd, where I had the luxury of disconnecting from our troubled world for fifteen days, while living in a more simplistic way, amongst animals, plants, and a forest surround, I too quickly became flooded beyond the brim by the horrendous events in the news, rivers of petitions begging my signature, and a general lack of hope in the stories I've been told .
Beginning with the murder of Troy Davis, persisting through the politicking diatribes of all sides in many struggles, through famine and death in Africa, the sentence of lashing to a woman who drove a car in Saudi Arabia, to the myriad human, planetary, and animal rights abuses worldwide, I found I felt ill, unwell, small and sad.
I need a better filter, finer visions, and more meditation.  I need to empty my mind, return to my heart center, let go of what I can not alter, dream a little, resurrect love, compassion, and rest securely there awhile.  I need another retreat.


Conditions
by Ms.
Condition the wind that is not.
Condition my blood, so it won't get too hot.
Condition these trees to thrive.

Condition the plants to survive.
Condition my dreams to waft cool.


Condition humanity not to be cruel.

Condition conditions to teach us,
on this fragile earth
the conditions by which things generate birth,

by which they prosper, and how to bear
conditions either foul or fair.

AnotherWay
Reintroduction To Wonder
Oxford professor Richard Dawkins presents a series of lectures on life,
the universe, and our place in it.
With brilliance and clarity, Dawkins unravels an educational gem that will mesmerize young and old alike.
Illuminating demonstrations, wildlife, virtual reality,
and special guests (including Douglas Adams) all combine to make this collection a timeless classic.

1.
 
There are four more segments in this series.
Pursue at your leisure or store for the next time you find yourself
with a curious, and cooperative captive child:
 

The Royal Institution Christmas Lectures for Children were founded by Michael Faraday in 1825, with himself as the inaugural lecturer. The 1991 lecturer was Richard Dawkins whose five one-hour lectures, originally televised by the BBC, are now available free online, courtesy of The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science. The entire 5-hour program is also available on a 2-DVD set through the online store. http://richarddawkins.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products...

 In either case, be sure to share.


 

1 comment:

deanna7trees said...

I try to concentrate only on the things I can do to make life better. Who knows what purpose all the horrendous events in the news serve when considering the big picture which we are not able to see. Maybe life is meant to be hard. Maybe we are in training. Maybe we are being tested. I do not know.