Wednesday, April 23, 2014

EARTH DAY


Indoors all day dealing with details regarding eye surgery, pigeons nesting on the air conditioner, cash issues, a buzzing on the phone line, and getting past the cold I had..  I have been too preoccupied and nervous about all these to pay attention to my favorite blogs.  Please forgive me.

Yesterday Was 'Earth Day'
Walking through Union Square late in the graying day where a rock band and booths hawking ecological alternatives, with massive banners about recycling, was just winding down.  Not the sort of 'Earth Day' celebration I remember.  There's even an angry worker caught expressing himself with an expletive!
I encountered some bad news about recycling from the drug store where I get supplements, and homeopathic remedies.  I asked what's done with out of date pills, and was told they just go into the regular garbage, therefore into the land fill.  Our recycling is mostly cosmetic, no where near true.
Onward To A Meditation
Tibet House
Two hours with Chuck Ryoshen Kalmanek
of the Village Zendo set me back to quiet calm.
Slow walk home


2 comments:

deanna7trees said...

not true here about recycling of the pills. we have a special day where we can take then to designated facilities and they are 'properly' disposed of....so they tell us.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

at least there is Tibet House