Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sir BRUNO of WESSIE


"Dogs are better than human beings because they know but do not tell."
-Emily Dickinson-
~*~
Life's a game.
I play it close to the bone.
~*~
 “A dog can’t think that much about what he’s doing, he just does what feels right.”
-Barbara Kingsolver-

~*~
 What I like are quiet afternoons.  Folks assume I'm only idling, but I'm thinking.  I've been studying English by listening.  I'm working up a comic routine I hope to have ready for Thanksgiving.
There goes one of our cats--I have to keep things in order here.  It's one of my jobs.  I'm a conscientious worker, and quite intelligent, so I also take time to teach my people tricks.
 One of our practice sessions...
 I take them for lots of walks too--sometimes up the road to the top of the hill, and sometimes around the other way to hang out with my girlfriend--a goofy girl but game to tumble, run and romp.
Sometimes we follow the old path into the woods.
 Or, we just go out back and mess around.
I hunt for sticks and cats.
Home is where my heart is.
 ~*~

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
(he meant women too but forgot)
-Grouco Marx-

~*~
Post Script
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
(even if you are)
-Ann Landers-
~*~ 


3 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

the comic routine...well.....
it's going to be tough. Humor is
a very delicate thing

Ms. said...

Sometimes comedy is just silly--Here's one of his Jokes: "Where do the dogs go for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade? New Yorkie." Ha!

jude said...

New Yorkie, oh snort.
Dogs are too easy for me.