Monday, November 10, 2014

SOUP RECIPE


Ingredients
(All Organic If Possible)
 4 Tablespoons good Butter
1 Leek or medium Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 small Carrot
1 Pound Mushrooms
3 Tablespoons flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt and Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon fresh Thyme
1 Quart Vegetable or Chicken Broth
 1 and 1/2 cups Yogurt (drained)
2 Tablespoons Parsley (for garnish)
  ~*~

My Adaptation
First I soaked Shitake mushroom stems I had dried and saved in order to soften them, then simmered in water for an hour, strained and used the broth for my soup base.
~*~ 

Mushroom Hummus Spread
Saved Shitake-stem-mush added to hummus
~*~

My Soup 
(this time)
(Today I'll buy Parsley)
~*~

The recipe is from my Massachusetts friend who is fortunate to have cultivated wild mushrooms she harvests in the Fall.
The taste is deep and fine.  She triples the recipe and freezes portions for Winter use.
 ~*~

6 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

THIS feeds me. Just the words here,
but thinking to DO it. YES.
it feeds me to the depth of me.

Velma Bolyard said...

i love soup. i could love this. if i made it. there's the rub.

Peggy said...

Sounds and looks wonderful -- and this is a good soup day with the moon in Cancer and the weather and all, I'm going to make this, yes I am. xx

Peggy said...

Did you put it in the blender or just chop really fine?

Ms. said...

Peggy
the vegetables were knife chopped and sauteed
added to original Shitake broth (mush removed and saved) and Cooled completely
then processed with yogurt in the food processor

Deb G said...

Sounds like pure comfort...Just wish I liked mushrooms better! :)