Sunday, January 24, 2016

THE DAY AFTER

Bright, Bright, Blue Sky Day Dawns
We were fortunate--electric and heat and hot water held throughout.  Still, I'm dog tired.
I was up and down many times last night, but the Internets various entertainment; flinging windows open and closed, picture taking, video making, processing and posting, reading blogs and communicating on face book and through e-mails kept me busy through the stormy night in between three hour bouts of of sleeping. Postings from all over of snow pictures were gorgeous.  Every time I looked out the front window there was someone shoveling.  Cops were at it in shifts trying to keep emergency vehicles operational, and at 1:30AM the heavy noise of snow blowers commenced.
 ~*~
I went out this afternoon with thoughts of a brisk walk, a park visit, but at almost every corner I was met with mounds of snow,
  and puddles too deep for my old boots.
I only walked, and with great care, wherever there was possibility or a helping hand: downtown about seven blocks, Westward four, uptown seven again, and back East.
I need to budget boots into next Month.  I'll be going to Massachusetts in the last week and will hold off till then unless I see a great bargain.  There are great bargains up New England way and a friend with a car amenable to a short trip.
Now supper:
(Boca burger and Spinach wilted with garlic)
 TV
A blast from the past is returning tonight for six more episodes. The program originally aired from September 10, 1993, to May 19, 2002.  I, along with others here were addicted to it.  Initially considered a cult show, it turned into a pop culture touchstone that tapped into public mistrust of governments and large institutions and embraced conspiracy theories and spirituality. 

Curious? Read On

~*~

No comments: