Thursday, February 4, 2016

SATIRE SAVES the DAY

 Belated Birthday Greeting 
From my dear Massachusetts Friends
Gerhard Gluck has a wicked sense of humor and I'm a fan.
He was born on July 13, 1944 in Bad Vilbel. He grew up in Frankfurt where he went to school, and struck sucess early with his artistic talent. For the study of art education and graphic design he moved to Kassel, the city where he still lives and where he worked as an art teacher and from 1976 to 2003.  Since the 1990s Berlin Eulenspiegel regularly published him. He also illustrated editions of great poets such as Christian Morgenstern, Ringelnatz and Kurt Tucholsky, and published a whole series of his own books.  Here's some more images.  Sorry I couldn't find these in English, but the images are enough in most cases.
IF YOU WANT TO SEE THE VIDEOS LARGE
JUST CLICK THE LINK BELOW EACH OF THEM

Part 1

Part 2
I stumbled across my first cards by Gluck when the neighborhoods much loved old stationary store was forced to sell out and close down (more real-estate villainy) several years ago.  They were all on cheap sale and some other artists Like Michael Sowa too.  I bought lots and have slowly been giving them away to friends via the mail.  I have only ten left.  My search of google didn't get me to his studio though I know he's still alive, but there are English versions available in this country  if you have the patience to search-start here

Good Luck
Get back to me if you find them please
~*~
  

No comments: