Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A RED WEEK


(Calendar from Jenny S.)

SUNDAY
I've been waiting, under wraps, breathing, sleeping, letting go while still containing all that was, is and might be. I've been tweeking colors on photographs, leaning toward red for hearts, for love, for life---constructing this blog post for the week till Tuesday where Hallmark branded it's Valentine mark, though the historical Valentine was a Christian Martyr living under Roman rule (there are other interpretations of course), and the festival Lupercalia coincides. I've been unearthing memories, reviewing all the love my life has encountered and appreciating the eternal value of friendship...reminding myself what really matters.

Communicate
(heart forever stamps from Nayra A,)

Let Go
(Throwback to lost teeth)

Fly Free
(Avenue B and 6ths St Garden)

MONDAY
Nostalgia was dominant yet not distressing, only comforting. It's been rich this little life of mine so far. I find myself appreciating that. Adequate sleep and drift, specific medicinal teas and warm baths, certain silences and sanctuaries are my natural inclination and so I have inclined. I made potato leek soup, listened to music, read Carly Simon's "Boys in the Trees" quite entertaining memoir. I was blissfully snowed in.

Celebrate
 (Wendy D. makes yarn roses kike this)

Rest in Beauty Shamelessly
(Teddy graciously posed in rose petals for me)

TUESDAY
February is transitional, the shortest month. "Its birth flower is the violet (Viola) and the common primrose (Primula vulgaris). Its birthstone is the amethyst. It symbolizes piety, humility, spiritual wisdom, and sincerity. Its zodiac signs are Aquarius until February 19th and Pisces February 20th onward."  The Roman month Februarius was named after the Latin term februum, which means purification, via the purification ritual.
 https://youtu.be/VmECu4BKtDY

Disarm the Heart
 (Jude hill's heart under moon)

Give it Away
(Mo's woven heart)

 Share Freely

(a little pop up book of Pooh bear and Piglet)


1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

Love is the answer