Saturday, October 14, 2017

DO NO HARM


Mornings are the hardest in my days...hard to wake back in to such a difficult and demanding world (the big one and little NYC AND my neighborhood and building more personally). All for the most part worth paragraph upon paragraph of complaint.
(Screen capture from "Milarepa")

But, as I said in the last blog post...Who is loath to inflict any more pain than is already shaking, burning and flooding us all?
(shadow of a metal bench East 22nd Street)


https://youtu.be/E0EAwSpTcM4
~*~

Return To Dye
(Boiled Dyers Correopsis)

(Strained Dyers Correopsis)
~*~

Saturday
Vintage Thrift Shop
 Moorish architecture on 14th Street
~*~


The Farmers Market
 Landowners call it a weed because it kills trees
 but here one big piece of the vine is worth $10!

More

October

Helen Hunt Jackson

 
Bending above the spicy woods which blaze,
Arch skies so blue they flash, and hold the sun
Immeasurably far; the waters run
Too slow, so freighted are the river-ways
With gold of elms and birches from the maze
Of forests. Chestnuts, clicking one by one,
Escape from satin burs; her fringes done,
The gentian spreads them out in sunny days,
And, like late revelers at dawn, the chance
Of one sweet, mad, last hour, all things assail,
And conquering, flush and spin; while, to enhance
The spell, by sunset door, wrapped in a veil
Of red and purple mists, the summer, pale,
Steals back alone for one more song and dance.
~*~

 Fabulous Turnip crop
 Fabulous everything at Ryders Organic this season
 and the friendliest farmer at the market.
$4.00 worth
Lettuce, Sweet Potatoes, Sprig of flower, Broccoli,
Fennel, Squashes and Peppers
some gleaned as well.
 ~*~

Gandhi wants a pair of Skechers and
so do I.
 Huggers at Sundown
 before I head for home...
~*~




4 comments:

jude said...

I get the sense of warm it still is in the the city. Here. Such a warm October. The biggest problem have in the morning is the aches. Fighting hard against the arthritis in my genes. I stopped watching and reading the news this month. I am not even checking the weather. I go outside to check the temp and the wind direction like dad used to do. And get a few news tips from the man.

jude said...

it's so warm isn't it?

Ms. said...

My aches - arthritic and otherwise - attack when I try to sleep at the 'usual' hours of night. Sleeplessness ensues until utter exhaustion sets in. Fortunately most of my commitments are afternoon and evening so I seem to be functioning. However, I love dawns and Sunrises so miss out on those unless I stay up. It IS warm. I miss crisp. As for news, I catch some from BBC or NPR radio 'cause I use the radio as defensive ambiance so it's on a lot. I can no longer listen to the voice however, nor tolerate the image.

Deb G said...

Hello, came by for a peek into your world... Thinking about how different my experience of city would have been if I lived downtown when I was in Seattle, my only large city experience. Loved seeing your farmer's market and free hugs...