Monday, October 8, 2018

FILM FESTIVAL - ROCK DOVES - DRAMA

Monday
10.8.2018
Thanks to the generosity of Mary and Amina Megalli I saw
Maria by Callas
"An adoring profile of the Greek-American opera legend, is a one-sided documentary, using Callas’ own words in journals, letters and interview appearances to narrate her personal history. Yet this is not meant as criticism; it’s only fair that Callas’ voice finally gets heard off the stage, given how much the tabloids reinforced her image as a tempestuous diva, when the real person was much more complicated.
 READ

Misty rain greeted our exit and my focus was off
 *
 *
 *
 ~*~

Meanwhile
At Columbus Circle
On my way to Lincoln Center,
I spent time with these rock doves

 
 *
This might be my favorite
~*~

AFTERMATH
Drama on the cross town bus home when a little kid projectile-vomited and the bus had to be declared 'disabled' in order to be cleaned up (poor kid)--all passengers were evacuated to wait for another bus. Since I was so close to home I walked on, stopping at a CVS to get a few copies of the photos. Home at last! Then I discovered my back pack was missing! Ha! No rest yet. Many phone calls ensued. The theater has it with all the contents and it awaits me at the managers office any time I come tomorrow. Whew.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love the bird photos and poor kid is right! Glad your pack was kept safe.