Monday, January 14, 2019

"I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP...

...FROM MY FRIENDS"

Cane
I'm shorter than I used to be.
though never was as tall as this magnificent tree.
Time and use has resulted in compression of vertebrae mid-back.
Simple stretching is helpful. The cane stabilizes my gait, measures puddles and piles of snow, detects sidewalk cracks preventing tripping and makes a cooperative companion.
I have three canes on hand, each of hardwood and each named
"Cora"

Knee Braces
Time and tides have worn down some bones within both knees. The Right one more so than the left. These simple flexible, washable velcro items stabilize the joints, making walks more comfortable and are protective for climbing stairs. I have not named either as yet, but I'm thinking "Lucy" Left and "Regina" Right.

Skin
The largest organ of our bodies.
It too, ages;
slackens and crinkles.
All's Well

Homeopathic Helpers
Rhus Tox., Arnica, Ruta Graveolens, Nux Vomica,
Sinusalia, Gasalia.
Other friendly helpers:
Daily Bone-all, Digestive Enzymes, Vitamin C and Vitamin D, sometimes 'Calm' and Valerian. There's always Lemon juice, Herbal tea and soup.
Heating Pad starter and Comfy Bed Buddies
Sometimes a cotton sleep cap and Fleece Wrap.

It's a pleasure to be provided for at any age,
in any weather.

~*~

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

To be provided for....interesting
Thought

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

My medicine cupboard looks much like yours. I also use certain essential oils. I have lots of pops and cracks of the joints. I don’t know what to do about those! Have a great week!