Thursday, March 21, 2019

CARE

Tea Tag

~*~

Haircut
With the always caring and talented Helen Chen
Mondays only
 Haircutters International
320 East 14th Street
Between 1st and 2nd Avenues
Manhattan NY 


I have a Troll called Anonymous
Marked she/he as 'spam' of course, recognizing a faulty sentence construction and inappropriate comment, but unlike my g-mail spam, blogger doesn't remember and automatically throw she/he into spam the next time she/he appears. Blogger has no Spam memory so I'm offered the comment each time for decision. I set myself up for this somehow and tend to think that all anonymous visitors are trolls so will automatically not publish. I've got 'approval' set so I'll always have the option to accept or reject, but it bothers me that someone is out there reading me and trying to join in. Foolish notion, but true. Before they appeared, I felt safe talking here. Another foolish notion I suppose.
Spring Weather continues it's roller coaster stops and starts from warm to cold and sunny to overcast.
One more factor of life on earth that can not be controlled, like the inevitable deterioration of light-bulbs and plumbing, enamel and electrical appliances and the proliferation  of dust, rust and mold.

 (Hot-dog rolls left too long in Warmth)

~*~

Gifts and Accumulations
(Meet the bears and Bunnies sans 'Teddy" who'se being washed)

I think about having an Art Gallery and a Second-hand Store. I'll name the first "OthersArt" where I'll display only the art given to or purchased by me over the years-because what will happen to it when I'm gone? The latter, "The Used to Be" where I'll offer all the items of clothing, jewelry, Cds videos and books that occupy space here but are never used and there will be a suggested price on each item in both venues, but I will accept any reasonable payment or no payment at all if anyone wants the item terribly. Now I know that the leftovers of fifty years occupancy in these rooms is a responsibility hard to bear, I think I'll do well in both shops. Yes, though not smart, I think I've got to take care of their future and since the rules for disposal in place for Manhattan tenants about how and where they may relieve themselves of their stuff are complex and inconvenient to the max. I'm older and wiser, but no longer as able to do the work it would take to accomplish disbursal correctly. Three flights down the stairs and another to the street have become taxing. I do no financial transactions on the web so no sales on line are possible.
Just saying.
I'm resigned to the possibility that the lords of land will have to rent one of those big dumpster containers and clear the remnants themselves.
(Opera Thrift Window)

It can't just be my imagination that the tragedies of our world seem to multiply by the millisecond. and that the horrible outweighs the lovely. Perhaps I just know too much thanks to the Internet and broadcast news. No wonder Zen practice is so useful. Occasionally one reaches that desired silence when what yogis call the 'monkey-mind', swinging wildly from branch to branch and story to story, stops.
(gift from Patricia Wallace Jones)

~*~

Tuesday
9 a.m. Looking East

Bright blue, clear and mildly cold day

Still devouring M.S Merwin who died recently-wishing I'd known him.
Written on September 17, 2001 and published in The New Yorker,
October 8, 2001

To The Words

When it happens you are not there

O you beyond numbers
beyond recollection
passed on from breath to breath
given again
from day to day from age
to age
charged with knowledge
knowing nothing

indifferent elders
indispensable and sleepless

keepers of our names
before ever we came
to be called by them

you that were
formed to begin with
you that were cried out
you that were spoken
to begin with
to say what could not be said

ancient precious
and helpless ones

say it

~*~


LINKS

W.S Merwin reads "Rain light"
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/w-s-merwin-reads-rain-light

The Merwin Conservancy
  https://merwinconservancy.org/

Rememberences
https://merwinconservancy.org/2019/03/remembering-william-stanley-merwin-1927-2019/

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

wondering....might there be a good consignment shop that is willing
to come to you to pick up? i would think there must be in that
big city of yours??

Mo Crow said...

will have a go at responding here, blogger is not recognizng Mo Crow anymore!