Wednesday, June 5, 2019

WATCHING and WANDERING

Monday Morning
.
Noon

After Evening Meditation at my Zendo,
I Wandered West to the Hudson River
arriving just after Sundown.
The horizon was not tilted, I was.
I walked from West 23rd along the water,
crossed over the highway to 34th Street...

...and caught a bus back East to home.

Tuesday Noon
These six Portulacaria Afrans are still rooting. I move them outside when the sun is warm on the sill...

...and return them inside as the sun drifts West.
.
Wednesday Morning
When I woke today, my first thoughts brought the memory of my Mother, telling me about the legacy she had arranged for my brother and I and who she choose as executor. We were having lunch at a nearby place and I recall how I protested the topic, not realizing then that she was preparing me for her death, that a recent diagnosis had spurred her to prepare for what did follow only a scant few years after. I had a nostalgic weep, then went to my front window and took this shot of the tree I love bathed in light. Back in the early seventies, neighbors and I raised money for one tree because the City had promised to plant ten if we did. We planned and mounted the home grown street fair on our block and were successful. A few of those originals still stand. This is one.
Evening
At the Zendo
 
Old friends have returned with the good news that they will be moving to Tuscany forever later this Summer.
 
A storm is brewing outside tonight.

1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

beautiful photos and love your tree story!