Wednesday, November 13, 2019

EVERYTHING is the DHARMA

Sunday
November 10th 2019
 'Hanging Out in the Heart Space'
with Krishna Das and Friends
at
Dharma Mittra Yoga Center
Video will be available sometime soon, so here is one 18 minute selection from a Kirtan I was present for in 2017. I recommend full screen and earphones for the best experience. Just remember it's a waltz.

https://youtu.be/o6FkNyz72FE

Note
I am still camera disabled and finding it tiresome. I've been mining old photos and posting at Face book. Hope to get the snafu cleared soon.

Monday
November 11th
Armistice Day 
"Commemorated every year on 11 November to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France at 5:45 am, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. But, according to Thomas R. Gowenlock, an intelligence officer with the U.S. First Division, shelling from both sides continued for the rest of the day, only ending at nightfall. The armistice initially expired after a period of 36 days and had to be extended several times. A formal peace agreement was only reached when the Treaty of Versailles was signed the following year."
The 'war to end all war' was a blood bath of immense proportions. Yet, as we know, it did not end war.
I was at home all day, a warmish one, windows open and air circulating through the space here while I accomplished a few small domestic tasks. Meanwhile our President was speaking encased in bullet proof glass at Madison Square Park a few blocks away to kick off the veterans march. I did'nt even listen on line. What could he possibly have to say.
 In the evening, I made my way across town to the Zendo for a meditation and Dharma talk. The magic of 'be here now' is always reliable, curative and refreshing.


Full Moon Tuesday
November 12th
An image from the past and other than the landscape, similar to the moon over Gramercy park as I took my late night walk around, kicking through piles of fallen Ginko leaves. Now, way past midnight, Wednesday arrives to a clinking heat pipes serenade as I light votive candles for family and friends and for all those unknown others that they may be at ease of heart. 

2 comments:

Yvette said...

I miss your New York walks.....please invest in learning to use the gifted camera’s

Love

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Reliable and curative
Yes it is
Always