Friday, November 29, 2019

NOVEMBER TWENTY EIGHTH and NINTH

Nice Looking Thanksgiving Dawn
HOWEVER
I woke sneezing, dripping watery mucus and with a near blinding headache. I posted at FB and the light of the laptop hurt my eyes. I was soon worse. The last blog post had been prepared days before so it posted as scheduled.
I shut down.
.
Supper ready to cook. Brussel sprouts, sweet potatoes and turnips.... with Summer squash filled ravioli and Bread pudding for desert. I had no taste for food and no energy to do the prep-work. Took some remedies and two Ibuprofin, drank several glasses of Emergen-C and rolled into bed again.
 Every few hours, another dosing and back to bed.
Nothing about this is interesting really, so I won't attempt to get writerly and detail every passing thought or emotion. They ran the gamut of possibilities. I never had much of a temperature though. Hovered between 99.1 and 98.1. Ears were ringing when I was conscious, and I've gone through two whole rolls of Toilet paper (softer on the nose than paper towels and I don't buy tissues).
Boring.
So very thankful that none of the most annoying neighbors were in residence. Notable silence and the illusion that I live free of disturbing others was helpful. Hope it goes on through the weekend.
~*~


Waking at 3 a.m. Friday. the headache is gone, but the sneezing, dripping and exhaustion continue. Just had coffee but can't taste it or smell it. Back to dosing and bed.
 
 3:30 p.m
Warmed sprouts and Ravioli.
Can't taste either of them.  Suited up for the cold, went to the market for T-paper and P-towels.  Then Prohealth Drugs for more remedies.
9 p.m.
I spiced up the ravioli, warmed the sprouts again and will feed on them (with or without functioning taste buds) while Channel 21 WLIW serves up a"Downton" rerun, then "To the Manor Born" and finally another episode of "Hold the Sunset" for a delicious turn with John Cleese. No doubt, soon after...bed again.
Boring
~*~


UPDATE
November 30th
Relief. Sixty persent better today friends.
<<>>

1 comment:

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle)))