Wednesday, December 18, 2019

HOLIDAY

ZENDO MONDAY
12.16.2019
Sensei Koshin Paley Ellison and Friend
After two lively hours of community and comforts, I came home with gobs of Lasagna and a generous bag of cookies too. Here is our New York Zen for Contemplative Care after the cleanup
My long time yoga buddy, Joanne as we readied to leave
Amusingly out of focus because she moved when I caught her unawares and because I was exhausted
~*~


IN THE WINDOWS
At Housing Works
 At the Opera Thrift Shop
1.
2.
 At my home

 ~*~


CARDS
1.
2.
 3.
~*~


TUESDAY
12.17.2019
Slept very late after a restless night to dawn.
This evening many phone conversations back an forth with my nephew Dennis Slater dealing with the official obituary for my brother/his father William James Slater to be published in the New York Times tomorrow and other family detail matters. I am so grateful for his skill and dedication to managing this very demanding task.
(photographs on the shelf above my computer)
~*~


SEASONAL HOMAGE
WEDNESDAY
12.18.2019
For my dear friend N.A. who is elsewhere.
I decorated this award statue she received long ago and left with me. Then added a beloved Holiday greeting from another friend N.W. (saved for years) and a Santa hat from my Christmas box to include everyone in this secular tradition. I am nostalgic for all my far away friends of the heart.

~*~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the photo of the bears and building reflections...my taste of NYC this morning in AZ (where it's actually 30 degrees). Great shot!

Irene