Sunday, May 31, 2020

MY FRONT YARD

Saturday
May 30th 2020
Afternoon
5 to 6 p.m.
Something is stirring in my Manhattan 'front yard'
The Thirteenth is gearing up for action.
No doubt, about current protests.

READ
New York Daily News
Many police are headed west
Both entrances to 21st Street are blocked
Later
An arrest
.
The  handcuffed woman was hollering
"I need help"
a while later, an ambulance arrived and a woman
was delivered within. They left to the hospital.

Helicopters circled the neighborhood all evening.

10:30
I headed out for my constitutional around Gramercy park and was let through the Barricade at third Avenue where fifty or more police were standing guard. Most were young men and women. They expected to be on duty all night. I told them I'd lived on the block since 1970, that my father was a Policeman and that I'd been praying for them. They thanked me. In fact, I'd been praying for the protesters as well and for the grieving family and friends of all.
~*~

LISTEN
(18 minutes)
Trevor Noah shares his thoughts on the killing of George Floyd, the protests in Minneapolis, the dominos of racial injustice and police brutality, and how the contract between society and black Americans has been broken time and time again.
 
https://youtu.be/v4amCfVbA_c

Sunday
May 31st
9 a.m.

Another day like yesterday is expected
 


https://youtu.be/U6Uus--gFrc

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Thinking of you.

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle))) the power of song
namaste