Sunday, August 2, 2020

KINDA PERSONAL

Saturday
August 1st 2020
Manhattan Window View
Looking East
5:30 a.m.
“Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.”
Mark Twain

I am in need of kindness. My chronic digestive condition has gotten a grip on my equanimity and I've been under the weather through Saturday.
(https://badgut.org/information-centre/a-z-digestive-topics/collagenous-colitis/)

8 p.m
Looking West
 Midnight
Calmer now with over the counter medication and stomach soothing tea.

Sunday
August 2nd
semi-sleepless night
6 a.m. Looking East
 77 degrees, humid, rain expected.
Looking West
Spent the last hour in tedious monthly bill paying preparation. Then made watery white basmati rice for breakfast. I'm out of 'cream of rice' and it's actually hard to find, especially these pandemic days (((sigh))). The push to open up has resulted in a surge of positive cases beginning to be evident. I knew it was wrong, but unfortunately the politicians are not yet willing to go into lock-down. I am already in virtual lock down and will only go out for food, post office and bank.
Meanwhile
A Nap
<<<>>>

4 comments:

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle))) be well
red papaya is my go to food for easing digestion

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i would make you bowls of Kindness floating in cream of rice
with love stirred in
i do not go for food, to the Post Office or bank.
Yesterday i thought maybe i would just go to a parking lot,
the street out front and
Watch. How long has it been now?, i really don't even know.
I am just so grateful that your Place is Safe. i want to say
something about..."adjusting" to the reality that this is How
It Is...but i don't know what to say about that. So...just Love,
Michelle...at least we write these missives, receive them.
I see your Canyon through your eyes. Love love love love love love

Dana said...

I'm sorry your digestion is giving you trouble, Michelle. I hope you feel better soon.

Deb G said...

Sending love... Yes, only for what is necessary.