Tuesday, August 4, 2020

STORM

Monday
8.3.2020
11:30 p.m.
The sky is yellow tinged and there is a feeling of 'impending' in the thin breeze tonight. I am prepared with Battery radio and a crank up weather unit, flashlights, batteries, candles in glass, water and food. My old land line can plug into the jack directly if the answer machine fails. I will miss the internet and TV if we lose power. 
Manhattan Window View
 Tuesday
8.4.
6 a.m.
No rain yet, but it is rolling in and I'm hyper-vigilant with anticipation. Still unwell and feeling weak. Gifts arrived from Jude Hill, so I can make cream of rice which will be soothing. Caring friends are also soothing and two others offered to send supplies as well. I think the relative isolation of the past months has worked its way into my psyche reactivating old fears.
10:30 a.m.
Had a most comforting and entertaining phone conversation with Sensei, Robert Chodo Campbell and that feeling of loneliness evaporated.

Outside the trees are dancing and the warm wind feels good. The storm is due to break after noon. We're 6 long blocks from the East River, so even if it floods, it's most unlikely to reach us. I'm content.

Equanimity
https://tricycle.org/magazine/perfect-balance/?fbclid=IwAR35-EdqmrjW7ROww063dkyy_IlQLNCIOKLDZtCfWHsnMMpENjrnt5Iq3fo

Storm Report
*

No comments: