Tuesday, September 8, 2020

SOME GOATS-A GULL AND A FRIEND

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH 202o
First to the post pffice with a package for John Marcus and another for Matthew A.
Then the crosstown bus heading East
East River Park to meet my buddy Fred (no photo) and there wer goats cleaning up the underbrush. Joy. They eat everything including poison Ivy without harm to themselves. The perfect lawn mower for sanity.
All Manner of flora-golden Sunflower, Correopsis, Chicweed, queen annes lace, nightshade, wonderful Pokeweed with those berries I used to use to make dye with-more but I was so busy showing them to my friend and took few photos.
Of course there was a cormorant and one gull but not many as in the past 'Where have all the sea birds gone?'
It was nice to converse in person, to share lunch, to be with an easy friend. <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>> We'll Meet Again, Don't know where, Don't know when, but I know We'll Meet Again some Sunny Day https://youtu.be/T5C4meGkNyc

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Michelle~ How lovely for you! I miss seeing others in real life these days too. I love that they are using goats this way. They eat the yummies, folks get their help! There are companies in CA that rent out goats...we could use more of that!