Tuesday, September 8, 2020

WALKING

Sunday Late Afternoon stroll to 14th Street on 1st Avenue Manhattan. Markets everywhere. Those without anything gather our discards and resell them on the street. Survival is precarious. Few are wearing masks.
Labor day...more beautiful weather.
Another day spent sleeping on and off. No labors of any consequence. Walked out for sunddown and shopped at the all night supermarket a few blocks away, empty at this hour.
Walking home again I stopped at St George church and listened to the drone of cicadas. Holy. Holy. Holy. All the wonders of just being here now.
NOTE I still dislike the new blogger but have at least been able to center photographs-not text-and no color options. Preferences thwarted. I will end this post, read others and slip back to sleep eventually. IO have a date to meet a Brooklyn friend at the East river tomorrow to share sandwiches and some catch up time.

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

to share sandwiches
o...that just struck me....
to share sandwiches....how WONDER FULL that would be!

Nancy said...

Michelle~ I love wandering with you, seeing sights as you present them. I too am not wild about working with the new blogger. I guess I should just dive in. I did figure out that to "compose" there are two little arrows, top left of a new post...you can click there to get to "compose"...that should make the type look more usual to you.
Off to play around with it...