Sunday, September 6, 2020

WAKENED

One minute past 1 a.m.Sunday September 6th 2020 Window View Photo taken at 7:30 p.m. Saturday September 5th
Wakened suddenly at midnight. Why? Just because. So I'm Listening to poetry-Lawrence Ferlinghetti, “I Am Waiting” from A Coney Island of the Mind.
Saturday evening I had a brief and cordial conversation with my nephew, assuring him thatI'm fine and asking after his well being, sending hugs to my Sister in law, his mother. I've seen nothing of either of them since my brothers wake last year in December. His Mass Card sat with other departed ones on the main altar at my zendo for 49 days-a comfort to me having the Sangha to share my loss with.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Michelle~ This post really touched me. I too am grateful you've had a place to grieve. xo