Friday, June 15, 2018

NIGHTIME ESCAPE

During the task of having to clear a path for the installation of the much needed new Air Conditioner, I rediscover myself as the horribly cluttered old hag who never threw anything out, just stacked it neatly.

Walking Out as Temporary Cure
 *
STUYVESANT SQUARE PARK
In 1836 Peter Gerard Stuyvesant (1778-1847) and his wife Helen Rutherford reserved four acres of the family farm and sold it for five dollars to the City of New York as a public park.
His remarkable gift may have been the most ambitious gesture of Peter Gerard Stuyvesant, the co-founder of the New York Historical Society and one of the richest men in America at his time.
A public park in a rapidly expanding city was a priceless amenity, and still is.
Sitting on one of the benches, looking up into sky,
I stop thinking of myself and the world.
Like a field daisy without a field, I become nobody in particular, just another being out of context, floating silently along with all of it.
*
This old warrior is cut in many ways, limbs removed and yet It's roots are pushing against stone, undeterred.
IT'S HUGE
My little cane is dwarfed.

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Last photograph is priceless

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle))) I love how you have "just stacked it neatly"!