Sunday, July 29, 2018

LIVING BLISS

Saturday Morning
 Afternoon
 Night
 Teddy Bear and Bunny Bear
watching "Doc Martin", with me in the rocker out of frame
~*~ 
Though I lack the art
to decipher it,
no doubt the next chapter
in my book of transformations
is already written.
I am not done with my changes.
-Stanley Kunitz-
~*~

Sunday Morning
 
Afternoon
.
 Evening
"Ada"
She had an extra ticket for the crosstown bus and gave it to me

 ~*~


Scatter in me the seeds
Of a thousand saplings.
Let grow a grassy heaven.
On my brow: a sun.
This bliss is yours, Living
World, and alone it endures.


 -Yi Lei-
translated by U.S. Poet Laureate Tracy K. Smith
 ~*~

 Hudson River Park

*

*

  *
The Carousel

(eyes thrust heavenward)

Heading Home
 Looking back
 
 *

Ripe Rose Hips
Dry and Save for Winter
.
NOTE
Mild weather for two days but the heat and humidity
returns Monday Night for the week...and, so it goes.

7 comments:

jude said...

the break in weather has been delicious. I was really growing into craziness.

Liz A said...

A beautiful post ... thank you

Mo Crow said...

beautiful photos !

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

your day is gentle

deemallon said...

It’s been cool and bearable here, too. These are exceptionally nice pictures. Did you get a new phone or something? I liked the paired photos depicting different times Of day.

Ms. said...

No cell at all...I'm using the Pentax Optio-550 and you may have given it me when the old one was stolen. Barbara H did too and so I'm not sure but I know it's been a wonderful friend.

SarahE said...

WOW​! I found your blog via Jude Hill's Spirit Cloth post today. I really like your thought processes and narratives. Thank you also for the great pix!