Monday, March 30, 2020

NEW WEEK BEGINS

Sunday
3.29.2020
Manhattan at Dawn
Weary. Slept a lot. Never got out due to Rain
Maybe tomorrow.
Meanwhile, thank you for all the comments on my last blog post. Although I'm not set up to carry on conversations there, I hope you know I'm grateful.
~*~

About Dogs and Cats
I posted a funny thing at Face book about dogs 'being able to travel because they can't get the virus', but the post came from another source and I didn't fact check. Today I did and it turns out, though seldom, two dogs and one cat have:
Vet Site for More Information
 ~*~


LOVE to JOHN PRINE
Recently critical in hospital being treated for Covid-19. This song is so fine. It's about living within and I think it's swell


3.30.2020
Silent but for the hissing I hear inside my head.
No birdsong, only the occasional car passing, a back-up beeper, some police outside the Precinct talking and laughing. I woke at 6:30 a.m. in a panic, with an Image of empty beds at the Javits Center turned hospital ready to receive a thousand non-covid patients expected.
Here's what it looks like:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/heres-what-the-javits-center-a-glittering-mega-event-venue-in-new-york-city-looks-like-as-a-hospital-2020-03-27?reflink=mw_share_facebook&fbclid=IwAR2qWK6yeNHQqTPVNqnpcR42bTErpAYn8U1J0ud5j05ZsHZMP0Kxcme6e-Y
 *
If you have time and inclination, you can watch the hospital ship "SS Comfort" travel down river into port for an hour + and listen to the Mayors welcome and the Captains description. Two Hours total, but you can scroll through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZTOVZy1frk&fbclid=IwAR0zOnMonC6882t93xSNmolOcp3M7wytFJkrsu_SxJw-xudjVpWmRAu1D2I 
 *
I spent the day home, posted at face book, but was primarily in bed, sleeping, reading, listening to National Public Radio.

"Teddy" was kind company.

 8:30 p.m.
I've felt chilly all afternoon and have resorted to my electric radiator.
This apartment is one of the few old ones left and it's drafty.
Meanwhile, the heat pipes and apartment radiator cycle on and off according to the legal preset and it is not quite enough for me today. Sweater, socks, hat and shawl improve things. Soup's on and I have much to be grateful for. 

My small discomforts do not weigh much against the individual and collective suffering on and of our planet. This Covid-19 virus pandemic has added enormously to that suffering.
~*~


"Namo Avalokiteshvara Chant"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojb2L9Kbyk4
~*~

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

I have loved him so long. Fish and whistle. And with iris DeMent, in spite of ourselves