Sunday, March 29, 2020

NOT GONE-STILL GOING

Virtual Sangha Monday
via ZOOM
3.23
Koshin Paley Ellison and Robert Chodo Campbell

Many members appeared and spoke,
each from their own homes.

We Meditated Together
My screen shots are inadequate to convey the absolutely magical experience. Although I couldn't actually join in due to lack of cell and camera connected to my laptop, thanks to Alex Goden, I was able to see and hear the whole session.What a gift. Those of you familiar with the technology will understand.

Tuesday
3.24
6:15 a.m.
.
Then the Sun rose and my open windows let air circulate for several hours, clearing that stuffy shut-in apartment staleness.
Mailed two cards to two friends, picked up arugula on sale and had the necessary walk about while keeping my distance.  

6:15 p.m.
 Reflected sunset in the East


Wednesday
2.25
It rained and threatens more
Late Afternoon
Walk to Gramercy Park
 Calder Sculpture
His kids bought a building on the North side that used to be many apartments. Friends lived there for years.
Gutted and converted to a one family.
.
Why it's called "Janey Waney'
https://www.artnews.com/art-news/artists/calder-sculpture-returns-to-gramercy-park-3146/
 New Bank in town
'Flushing'
 Survivors
Keeping Personal Distance


 Thursday
3.26
6 a.m.
 Statistics
As of this morning, New York City had close to 18,000 COVID-19 cases (half the cases in the State and 1/3 of the cases nationwide).  Manhattan's share was 3,187; Queens led the City with 5,066 cases.
 

Friday
3.27
One Flower
by Jack Kerouac


One flower
on the cliffside
Nodding at the canyon

.

Home
Baked three Molasses Corn-bread Loafs
Cooked Apples
 

Saturday
3.28.
6 a.m.
"Red sky in the morning
Sailors heed warning."

I Know Who and Where I Am
Ms 3.28.2020

I'm  living in the light
shining bright.

I'm my entire past
presently manifesting.

I'm free floating stardust,
'million year old carbon'.

I'm a blooming garden
with an herbal heart.

I'm heading for extinction
in no hurry at all.

Inspiration for "I know Who and Where I Am"
~*~

Afternoon and Evening
Prepping Food
Shallot, wilted Arugula
.
Sweet Potato
Supper and Leftovers
Baked chicken tenders, Arugula with feta and farmers cheese
Toasted sweet potato


PBS
9 p.m.
"Handmaids Tale"
"Throughout The Handmaid's Tale, issues of feminism, abortion rights, male dominance, and conservative religious politics all come under fire. Some may view the film itself as anti-female considering its concepts, but it is quite the opposite. Instead it shows how only through solidarity can women bring down an overriding patriarchal mindset. The film, which works from Harold Pinter's screenplay adaptation of Margaret Atwood's novel, features strong performances."
http://www.haroldpinter.org/films/films_handmaids.shtml
I fell asleep.
Slept right through it. I remember reading the original. The book is in one of those stacked book boxes I hope to cart down to the Strand if it still exists when this 'Ongoing Unknown' runs it's course.
~*~

5 comments:

Mo Crow said...

(((Michelle)))

Liz A said...

I am a native New Yorker and many family and friends still live and work there ... my brother is retired FDNY ... his son-in-law works for NYPD ... this is almost worse than 9/11 ...

it gets harder and harder to hope, but your words and images here are a balm ...

may all be well ...

Unknown said...

You've made me smile this morning...love those pigeons!

Irene

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i am so glad to be here...at your house, enjoying
the so HeartFelt things...the meditationEvenTho, listening to
Joni, all the feelings that Flood from the listening to Joni,
i think it's all just too amazing
your cornbread is delicious, i love the edges best, tenderly crisp

Thank You and Love

Deb Lacativa said...

I found it! I had to scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to get to this spot. It looks as if you have made posts that include several days. I expected to be able to comment for each day, but that was not the case.
Something needs tweaking? And feel free to delete this when you are done.